Connect with us

News

Nigeria will maintain COVID-19 guidelines as virus doesn’t discriminate – Buhari

Published

on

BREAKING: Buhari seeks Senate's approval for fresh $4bn, €710m loans

President Muhammadu Buhari says the country will continue to maintain its COVID-19 guidelines and protocols to protect its citizens and stop the spread of the virus.

The president stated this on Thursday in Abuja when he presented the 2022 Appropriation Bill for an aggregate expenditure of N16.39 trillion to the National Assembly.

Buhari seized the opportunity to provide an overview of the global and domestic developments in the country.

While observing the COVID-19 protocol during his presentation of the budget proposal, the president also gave a summary of his administration’s achievements and its plans for the next fiscal year.

MUST READ:  Nigerian soldiers assault Nollywood veteran Chiwetalu Agu over Biafra clothing

President Buhari stressed that these were exceptional times for Nigeria.

“The grim realities of COVID-19 and its lethal variants are still upon us. From president to pauper, the virus does not discriminate.

“This is why our country still maintains its COVID -19 guidelines and protocols in place to protect citizens and stop the spread of this disease.

MUST READ:  Nigerian singer Tiwa Savage, S*xt@pe has finally been leaked after opening up about it some days ago (WATCH)

“Over the past few days, we have consulted with the Presidential Steering Committee on COVID-19 and the leadership of the National Assembly on how best to present the 2022 budget proposal keeping in mind the deep-rooted traditions in place and the guidelines for safe mass gatherings.

“We ultimately decided that the most responsible and respectful approach was to hold a shorter than usual gathering while allowing the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning to provide fuller details of our proposals at a smaller event,’’ he said.

MUST READ:  Tangale people express displeasure over hijack of Billiri market reconstruction by Kano businessmen

President Buhari said the Federal Government had so far, constructed 52 molecular laboratories, 520-bed intensive care units, 52 isolation centres and other medical facilities to check the menace of the pandemic.

“The pandemic revealed the urgent need to strengthen our health system. Towards this end, we also provided Personal Protective Equipment across 52 Federal Medical Centres and Teaching Hospitals,’’ he said.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Nigerian singer Tiwa Savage, S*xt@pe has finally been leaked after opening up about it some days ago (WATCH)

Published

on

Nigerian singer Tiwa Savage, S*xtape has finally been leaked after opening up about it some days ago.

Information Reaching Shinawins Has It That Nigerian Tiwa Savage Actually Lied About Her Sxtape, Which Was Actually A Pr Stunt For Her Forthcoming Music Video, Titled, “Somebody’S Son” Featuring Brandy.

Taking To Instagram Page, A Popular Blogger, Gistlovers, Revealed That Tiwa Savage Actually Lied About The SXtape And Confirmed That There Isn’T Any Blackmailer In The Actual World.

MUST READ:  Nigerian soldiers assault Nollywood veteran Chiwetalu Agu over Biafra clothing

Yesterday, Gistlovers Quickly Shared The Video Or SXtape Tiwa Savage Claimed Was The SXtape The Blackmailer Was Trying To Use Against Her.

Unfortunately, The Lady In The SXtape Is Actually A Porn Star, Who Really Looks Like Tiwa Savage (Tiwa Savage’S Doppelganger. That Was The Video Tiwa Wanted To Use For Her Pr Stunt.

MUST READ:  Tangale people express displeasure over hijack of Billiri market reconstruction by Kano businessmen

The Guy In The Sx Video Isn’T Even Tiwa Savage’S Boyfriend, But He’S An American Popular P@rn Actor.

Watch video below.

GET THE VIDEO HERE

Continue Reading

News

Nigerian soldiers assault Nollywood veteran Chiwetalu Agu over Biafra clothing

Published

on

Nigerian soldiers assault Nollywood veteran Chiwetalu Agu over Biafra clothing

Nollywood veteran actor, Chiwetalu Agu was molested by Nigerian Army troops for wearing Biafra clothing.

The movie legend was walking within the Upper Iweka Bridge in Anambra when the incident occurred.

Two soldiers suddenly accosted, wrestled Agu to the ground and drag him.

Agu was reportedly sharing food to the less privileged persons when government forces stopped him.

MUST READ:  2022 budget: Senate President decries N6.26 deficit

Videos of the incident are trending amid wide condemnation of the military.

Agu, a staunch Biafra agitator, has been a vocal critic of the Buhari administration.

Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, the Director, Army Public Relations did not take SHINAWINS calls as at press time.

Continue Reading

News

Tangale people express displeasure over hijack of Billiri market reconstruction by Kano businessmen

Published

on

Tangale people express displeasure over hijack of Billiri market reconstruction by Kano businessmen

The Tangale Community Development Association (TCDA) oin Gombe State n Thursday expressed displeasure over what they described as a hijack of the reconstruction of the Billiri market by members of the Kano business community, declaring it as fraught with injustice.

The Billiri in Billiri Local Government Area of Gombe State engulfed in crisis on 19th February 2021 following the selection of new Tai Tangale, the traditional ruler of the town, leading to razing of the market.

Addressing a press conference at the Press Centre of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) in Bauchi, a member of TCDA Board of Trustees, Dr Daniel Maddo, alleged that businessmen from Kano wanted to execute the project without involving Billiri indigenes.

Maddo said this was tantamount to mortgaging the future of the Tangale nation.

He said Mallam Danladi Sanusi, who was assuming the position of the Mai Tangle, had no power to institute such a project, declaring that it was purely within the purview of the local government council, the owner of the market.

MUST READ:  2022 budget: Senate President decries N6.26 deficit

He informed that TCDA, which he said was established to promote economic and social wellbeing of the indigenous culture and customs of the Tangale people, among others, held a joint meeting of the Board of Trustees and Board of Elders on the 26th August 2021 and 2nd October 2021 respectively, where it was noted that the Kano businessmen discriminated against Christians who are in majority in the community.

He added that the meeting was dismayed with the N500 million compensation paid by the Gombe State government in respect of properties lost to owners of stalls burnt during the mayhem.

According to Maddo, “The forum noted with dismay the religious bias exhibited by the delegates of the Kano business community who came with relief materials and distributed them only to our Muslim brothers in a community where over 90 percent are Christians and members of both faiths were affected by the disturbances.

MUST READ:  Tangale people express displeasure over hijack of Billiri market reconstruction by Kano businessmen

“The forum also observed with dismay the compensation paid by the government in respect of properties lost to the tune of over N500 million to owners of stalls burnt during the mayhem.

“It was clearly established at the Commission of Inquiry set up by the government that all the stalls belong to the local government, save for 12 owned by the Pangurus but hired to mainly, non-indigenes.

“Video evidence presented by the state Muslim counsel also showed that most of the non-indigenes had packed their good’s from the stalls before they were burnt.”

MUST READ:  Nigerian singer Tiwa Savage, S*xt@pe has finally been leaked after opening up about it some days ago (WATCH)

He lamented that the decision of the state government to pass the cost of about 80 percent of the compensation to Billiri Local Government Council, declaring that this was an indictment of the Billiri people.

“Most disturbing and unheard of governance was the resolve by the state government that 80 percent of the bill for the compensation would be borne by Billiri Local Government.

“In effect, therefore, the government of Gombe State under His Excellency, Mohammed Yahaya, had found the people of Billiri local government guilty before receiving the report of his own commission of enquiry and given them collective punishment.

“Equally disturbing is the over-bloated compensation that was paid which was not commensurate with the loses incurred,” he said.

Mai Tangle Stool: Tangale people ask Gov. Yahaya to lift 4 months curfew

Continue Reading